jeudi 26 mai 2011

All what you believe about Geneva may not be true...

Do you recognize yourself in the below statements? If yes, then come read my blog and I will prove to you this is not necessarily right and that Geneva has its hidden jewels…
  • You need a lot of money to shop in Geneva.
  • You only have the choice between the big chains, like Zara and H&M, and the luxury stores of la Rue du Rhone, but no in-between.
  • I like having a  unique style, but I do not want to spend a fortune.
  • There are only few brands in Geneva, and the few are super expensive.
  • I don't dare enter the little boutiques, because I'm pretty sure they are not affordable.
  • There is very limited choice of shoes in Geneva.
  • Even when I wanna put the price, there is so little choice.
  • I like nice designer brands but I can't find them in Geneva.
  • I wanna shop online, but don't know nice websites for clothing and accessories.
  • I like shopping online but I don't like the surprise of the high custom taxes at the delivery.
  • There are no good deals on the luxury brands. And most of the time, these brands are never on sale.
  • There is no nice vintage shop in Geneva.
  • All the nice outlets are in Italy.
  • I have a lot of clothes that I don't wear anymore, but I don't know what to do with them.
  • I never know when the sales start: each store has its own schedule.
  • When you are pregnant, there is nowhere to shop (this is especially for my pregnant friends who have been complaining lately J ).
 
Let’s start with the 1st statement: you need a lot of money to shop in Geneva.
This is not true!  Let’s be honest:  Geneva is not Paris or London. However, they are great deals to be done in Geneva, but you have to know them! Regarding the shops, not all the stores are concentrated in one area, and unless you know where to go, you end up going up and down Rue du Marché and Rue du Rhone. You will only do window shopping in one street, and most probably end up going to Zara and H&M. But believe me, there are plenty of little stores in Geneva, where you can find little jewels at a very good price!



Let's take an example: do you know about 'notting hill'? It is a little boutique, in the city center, that has known and less-known designers articles, from capsules collections Sonia by Sonia Rykiel to new Swiss designers. Last week I found fantastic little ballerinas “petite mendigote" for 169chf! Super cute, and not everybody will be wearing them ;) and the cherry on the cake is that the owner is super nice! Ciao Alex!
Here is their website: http://www.nh12.ch/






 
Now stay tuned for the next shopping tip!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire